Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I took my first-ever yoga class today. That was an experience.

The class was a yoga-pilates mix, and a real workout. I had walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes before that, so I was totally ready for the showers when the hour-long class was finished.

Exercise is usually NOT something I enjoy. I would much rather curl up on the couch with a good book, not walk for a few miles in place. And, as my super-skinny daughter likes to remind me, running could be hazardous to my eyes. (Gotta love teenagers!) Anyway, despite my aversion to exercise, though, I really enjoyed the class. The gym only offers yoga once a week, so I guess I'll be heading there each Wednesday morning for awhile.

Or until I can justify paying for a separate class, anyway!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i love yoga. i do it every day. you'll love this class

JenBin said...

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. I will tell you, though, I'm sore this morning!

Stephanie said...

I love yoga! I used to do it every day but I'm the "don't have time" rut. I need to realize that I do have time and just start. :) You might motivate me yet.

JenBin said...

Hey, if you lived closer, we could go together! ;)

Stephanie said...

I keep telling you to move but you're just not listening. We even have a base not too far away for you!

JenBin said...

Yet, I don't see you packing up to head west....