Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The workshop with William Kent Krueger was FANTASTIC! Not only did I get to spend time with real writers, I learned so much. I'm even more eager to attend Mayhem in the Midlands now!

Not only did I go to his talk and book signing Friday night and the workshop on Saturday, but I was lucky enough to have dinner with him both nights. Now, I'll confess I haven't read his work, but it's next on my "to be read" pile.

Sunday was busy as well. The Kid was confirmed at church. It was one of the largest confirmation classes with 22 kids. Very nicely done. One of the other confirmands (is that a word?) is the Kid's best friend. The two girls are inseparable. If I had to pick a friend for my Kid, I doubt I could do much better then this young lady.

AND it was Shrine Circus weekend. That's where I was supposed to be, working for the Job's Daughters or Daughters of the Nile. Instead I did "Jen and Family Stuff." (Well, the kid and I worked the Friday afternoon performance and the kid worked the Friday night and Saturday afternoon ones as well.) I felt guilty not helping, but wonderfully refreshed to do so much for myself.

Even with all the excitement of the weekend (the writers conference and confirmation and such) I managed to lose 1.2 pounds. I've decided that small victories are what I need. So this week's "mini-goal" is to loose enough to make the ticker say 30. Heck, that's not even half a pound! Then I get to do something just for me -- another angel for my collection, a trip to the bookstore, something.

6 comments:

Pink Icing said...

Good luck with Ghost Mountain....

Stephanie said...

Yea! Good for you! It sounds like it was a great weekend. The kid is growing up so fast! It's a great picture of her and her friend. I'm with you on small victories. I have 2.5 pounds to go to hit my first "Me" goal. I can't wait. :)

JenBin said...

You can do it, Steph!

And yeah, the kid is growing up WAY too fast. Unfortunately, the boys seem to be noticing, too....

JenBin said...

Thanks, Tanie

Stephanie said...

Jen, repeat: "I don't know who you're talking about. There's no one by that name that lives here. Don't call here again, and let me speak to your mother. " That's the phrase that my neighbor has been practicing since her boys were born. lol

JenBin said...

lol sadly they IM her or call her cell phone first.... DANG hubby for getting her that thing!