Thursday, May 10, 2007

I've just registered for the WOMAN Challenge (http://www.4women.gov/woman/). Maybe that will get me moving more. WOMAN stands for Women and girls Out Moving Around the Nation.

Here's what it is:

This May, thousands of women across the country will embark on an eight-week walking challenge for better health. They will be part of the WOMAN Challenge-that is Women and girls Out Moving Across the Nation. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office on Women's Health is coordinating the WOMAN Challenge to encourage women to get 30 minutes of moderate activity most days of the week and to kick off the eighth annual National Women's Health Week (May 13-19, 2007).
What is the WOMAN Challenge?

This free eight week challenge encourages women and girls to walk 10,000 steps or get 30 minutes of moderate exercise every day. The WOMAN Challenge begins on Mother's Day, May 13, and ends on July 8, 2007.


Maybe I can get a team set up and we can motivate each other. Or at least appeal to my competitive nature. Any takers? Steph? Heather?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ack! I replied but it didn't save my comment. I have a team set up with some neighbors. Do you guys want to join up with us? I'm all for motivating each other!!

JenBin said...

I'll think about it! I just want to make sure someone motivates me!

Stephanie said...

Hey now - I found you registered on there. You know you want to be on our team. lol

JenBin said...

I did.... I think I'm going to work it on my own this time. I'll do a ticker for it, though. Gotta love tickers!