Sunday, May 13, 2007

She's now 14!!

That scares me! Maybe it wouldn't scare me so much if she wasn't so pretty. Or smart. Dang kid.

We celebrated Mother's Day yesterday so the Kid could have today for herself. I believe that everyone needs a special day sometimes and what's more special then the celebration of your birth?

Hubby got me a very awesome tea light candle holder. One side says "Eternal Hope," the next "Endless Faith," third says "Everlasting Joy," and finally "Enduring Peace." The Kid got me a Willow Tree figurine called "Mother and Daughter."

But, really, the best gift of all came not in a thing but in words spoken by the kid. Last night, after they'd showered me with my gifts and hugs, she said to me, "I wouldn't have minded sharing my day, Mom."

Now, that's a cool Mother's Day gift!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she's a wonderful daughter.

Love Ya Baby
Me

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday KID from the corn state! :) And Happy Mother's Day!!! Big hugs to everyone. It sounds like you've been having a great weekend.

JenBin said...

It has been a pretty good one. Hubby took us out for lunch today, so neither of us had to cook (and he grilled steaks last night, too)!

JenBin said...

Yep, she's a good kid!

I love you, too.

A&F