Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm packing. I hate packing.

I'm leaving for the writers conference in the morning. I also am not a morning person.

All my clothes are already in the car. It's the "extras" that I don't have finished. Which earrings will go with which outfits? How much free time will I have? Should I bring one book to read? Or three? What about knitting? How much yarn should I bring? I think that's the stuff that confuses me more than anything.

I don't want to forget anything, but I don't want to take everything I own, either! Grrr.....

On the weight loss front, I'm not sure this coming week will be a "good one." I lost 3 pounds last week, but went a little wild on the comfort food yesterday and will be doing a lot of eating out this weekend. I *did* pack workout clothes, though, since I know there's a fitness center at the hotel.

I'm excited and nervous. What if I go and find out that my writing isn't what I think it is? What if I find out that I suck? (Worse than just stinking!) What if....

Wish me luck and I'll try to post from the conference. (The computer is already packed, too!)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are going to do fabulously! And, I want to see lots of posts on how cool and wonderful it is. :) Happy traveling, and have a blast!!

JenBin said...

Thanks, Steph! I know I'm just nervous, ya know.... I promise to have many posts in the next few days!

Anonymous said...

Way to go sweetie. I'm proud of you. :-)

Ben

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

You are NOT going to discover your writing sucks....you are going to have a wonderful time.

JenBin said...

Thanks, Ben. I love you!

JenBin said...

Ya know what, De'Etta? You're right! I had a great time and found out that I'm pretty good. I have a published writing team who promised to send my work to their agent and publisher when I'm done!!! More reason to keep writing!