Sunday, July 29, 2007


I spent yesterday Geocaching in Spearfish with Oscar the Wonder Dog. No one else in my family enjoys it as much as I do, so it was just the dog and me. We got nine (8 in Spearfish, one only about 5 miles from our house) for the day. A personal record.

Oscar took a dive yesterday. Spearfish (which is about 50 miles from my house) has a creek that runs through it. Now, I think it's larger than a creek, but it's not a river, so whatever.... ANYWAY, one of the caches was right next to this body of water. I find the cache and sit down to sign the log. Oscar has his two front paws in the water and is lapping it up. Then he stops and climbs on a different rock (closer to me). I thought he was coming to me.

I was wrong. He jumped in and took a swim. I think he stayed in there about 2 or 3 minutes was all and I was laughing the whole time!

Later, we found this church. One of the caches, a micro, was hidden near here. I thought the church was so beautiful I just had to get a picture. It's on the national historic registry, too, so the place has been here for a bit. I may try painting it next.

Today was filled with sewing. Did a few pillows out of old t-shirts for the kid, hemmed some jeans for her, put elastic in a pair of shorts my sister made (also from a t-shirt) and did a few more bookmarks. Tomorrow will be more embroidery, I think.

Notice there's not a lot of WRITING in any of that....

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Wow - NINE cache's. I'm suitably impressed.

JenBin said...

hee hee... Yep! It was a lot of fun!