Thursday, July 12, 2007

Van Gogh has nothing to worry about. I will not be taking over as one of the world's greatest painters anytime soon, but I did paint this in watercolor today. I've determined that once the kid starts school (September 4), I'll have a bit more free time. I'm trying to find hobbies to fill that. (Heaven forbid I actually work or write!) I'm not sure painting will be it, but I guess this isn't so bad for a first try.... (My sis or Steph will probably let me know through polite comments! giggle!)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh sweetie, you're try is wonderful, and better than anything I've done in water colors! :) I love the purples. Is it water color pencil? I love those things!! I've got some, but you know the drill... no time to play with it. I think finding hobbies is a great idea.

ben said...

Chuckle :-), yep we spent $3,500 on supplies and this is what she came up...

JenBin said...

Yep, it's a water color pencil. I did it from "imagination" not from a real still life, if that makes sense. It was fun to do and we didn't spend nearly as much as Ben wants to pretend we did. Now the amount we've spent on yarn, we won't discuss!