Friday, July 20, 2007

Here's a picture of my grandmother with my kid (on the right) and my niece (on the left).

I've been thinking about names for the past few days. My family has always called me "Jenni," which makes my kid laugh because I've been "Jen" to her all her life. Heck, I was "Jen" since I left for college more years ago than I care to admit. Come to think of it, I haven't been called "Jenni" for half my life! But, since my dad's name is Jim, it was too confusing to have a Jim and a Jen in the same house.

Being back home, though, I was "Jenni" and "Aunt Jenni" for two days. It took a bit of getting used to, but now part of me misses hearing it.

Isn't it odd that we have names we're given and then we have names we select? Or am I the only one who does that?

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Great picture of the girls and your grandma.