Saturday, December 30, 2006

Today the little one reminded me she's not so little anymore. She was installed as Guide in her Job's Daughter's Bethel and looked absolutely gorgeous in the formal we bought a year or so ago. It's hard to believe that she will one day have the cape and crown of the queen in that organization. She's not going to be the "little one" for much longer, I don't think.

The best part (for her) is that her best friend will follow right behind her. Those two are closer than most sisters I've met. I know it was surprising to her friend's mom and dad -- or my kid's "other parents" as she calls them -- when my kiddo introduced them as part of her family. Heck, they're good people for her to have as another family, so long as I still get the tax credit! *smile*

Anyway, I'm really proud of the kid. She's becoming an amazing young lady.

Good thing my husband is red-neck enough to have many weapons which will need regular cleaning as this one becomes dating age....

No comments: