Monday, December 25, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I think this will go down as one of the most memorable Christmas's ever around my house. In addition to not sleeping so well the past week or so (I HATE acid-reflux!!), we started the Christmas holiday with a trip to the ER! Yep. You read it right! A trip
to the Emergency Room was stop number one on Christmas Eve.

It seems that I was so focused on my upper digestive tract, that I missed the tell-tale signs of a kidney stone until I awoke in severe pain Sunday morning. After four hours in the ER (I'm *so* glad we don't live in a big city, since it only took four hours!), I found out the stone is about 5mm and might pass on it's own, or might not.

I did get some good drugs out of the deal, though.

My current plans for the day after Christmas now involve a trip to the doctor... Oh well!

6 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oh NO Jen, I'm sorry to hear about your painful holiday.

JenBin said...

Thanks, De'Etta! The worst part is that the "first available" appointment with the doc is Feb. 15. I'm hoping I don't still have the kidney stone then!!!!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Wow - FEB 15th??? That seems incredible. Almost like miltiary med. LOL

JenBin said...

Ya know...

Actually, my biggest fear about that was that TriWest wouldn't approve the ER visit. Once they did, I knew it would be a problem somewhere else! LOL

berrypatch said...

So sorry you're having kidney issues. My dh had one of these about 11 years ago - on New Year's Day. We spent most of the next two days at the ER & he was finally admitted for pain control & he passed it while there. Phew! Nasty little things.... Lisa in ME (from SHS)

JenBin said...

They are NASTY! I seem to be doing better now, though, so that's a major plus!