Sunday, September 18, 2005

I hate frogging projects! I'm trying to knit a hoddie for me -- one of the few projects JUST for me! -- and was having a heck of a time with the neckline. I have the back finished and am working on the front. I think I finally got it. This is the first project I've done with two balls of yarn at the same time, so that was a bit of a challenge, as well.

Oh, I did get some Magic Stripes yarn from Lion Brand that I'm going to make ME some socks with. The last pair of socks I made was for the pre-teen and now she's begging for another pair. Since she's gotten the first crocheted blanket, many scarfs, a hat and now socks, she can wait, don't you think? She's also asking for a Christmas sweater a la "Harry Potter" complete with her initial on the front. Too bad I don't have Mrs. Weasley's magic knitting needles for that!

Haven't done much geocaching this week. The weather has been great for it, but I just haven't had time with music lessons and school and meetings and even a bake sale on Saturday. I did get some writing done and hope to enter a short story in a contest later this year. Since my "real name" is already in use by a romance author, I have a pen name lined up and am trying to get used to that.

No comments: