Saturday, October 13, 2007

For those who know me, this will NOT come as a shock. I am not a patient person.

When I decide I want something, I want it now. Not in a year. Not in the Spring. NOW.

I do, on the other hand, like to work for what I want. I also like to stay motivated. Right now, though, I'm in a weight loss slump. I'm losing more slowly and I don't like it. I've even started a mild exercise program, but the ticker doesn't seem to get any closer to that 50 pounds mark. Yes, I could up the exercise, but let's not be crazy here.

I'm seriously thinking about getting my belly button pierced. My husband just shakes his head and mumbles something about marrying a wild woman. My parents (I know my mom reads this!) will probably wonder what they did wrong. My sister will say "awesome" and I just might get cool navel jewelry from her for Christmas. My 14-year-old daughter wants to make it a "bonding moment" and have hers done too. (I think NOT! She can do it when she's older and can pay for it herself!) My 20 year old thinks it's great and I should take her sister to see it done.

But what if I loose a bunch more weight? If I make it to where Weight Watchers says I should be, I'll probably look more like a Barbie Doll than a real woman. Yes, I have boobs. I could probably lose 15 pounds just by having them reduced!

So what do I do? Do I shed another 40 some pounds? Do I only get to the 50 pound mark before getting it done? Do I just forget about it and decide I'm too old and wise for it? (Yeah, me! Wise? Whatever!)

I'm stuck. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure I'll get it done, it's just a matter of when. Back to the waiting game, but at least now I have something to think about while I wait!

4 comments:

mandy said...

i think you should just get your belly button done. you want it, it will make you feel good about yourself, embrace it.

kat said...

I got mine done when I was in my late 20's & loved it. Problem was as I gained weight it became irritated by jeans & such so I removed it. So maybe give it to yourself as a reward for losing the weigght (actually that's what I did, I had lost 20 lbs when I got mine).

JenBin said...

Thanks, g. I'm going to, I've decided. It's just a matter of when...

JenBin said...

Thanks, Kat. I'm going to try and wait until I've lost another 6 pounds. That will put me at an official 50. Good time, I'm thinking!