Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ok, I'm ready to rant about this wall hanging.

The pattern (it's from an "Art to Heart" book) calls for a spider-type button. Can you believe I couldn't find one? Anywhere! At least not in this town.

So I get the bright idea to embroider a spider. Really. How hard could it be? I have a fancy-shmancy machine. I found a spider pattern. No problem, right? WRONG!

Somehow the machine or the hanging moved mid-embroider. GRRR... I really wanted to save this, so I tried to take out the thousand-plus stitches without ruining the wall hanging, since I'm planning on giving it as a gift. Then my husband, bless him!, tried to help by offering suggestions. Now, I know he was trying to help, but I didn't want to hear it. (He suggested adding a broom in there.)

Finally, I decided to make it a BIG spider — so big no one could see where I'd removed spider number 1. So now the spider is really 3-D, made of pom poms and pipe cleaner!

And all because I couldn't find a button!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Love the fabric patterns/colors too, and the spider looks great.

JenBin said...

Thanks, Steph! It was fun to do -- until the spider thing! I've decided that *if* I ever do this one again, I will embroider the spider FIRST and then do the rest.