Friday, October 06, 2006

I've been a busy bugger the past 2 weekends. The sewing machine doesn't have dust on it now!

If you can't tell, I've made my first real quilt!!! The only thing I have left to do on it is the actual quilting, which I'll probably -- hopefully! -- —finish tomorrow. Having never done more than just quilt around appliqués for wall hangings, this will be an experience.
The quilt was made with fabric for Halloween (obviously!) that I got on sale. It really was between 20 percent and 50 percent off, so I didn't mind "practicing" with it. Oh, the back side of the quilt is the same black and florescent material as the boarder.

I'm just so dang proud of myself!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! You did such a great job. You're really busy! I guess I need a project or two to keep up. lol

JenBin said...

Hon, I'm so busy these past few weeks I really need to get something finished and NOT add anything new!!!

Kari Sioux said...

It's Beautiful! that's my opinion...i love to sew and do all kinds of hand work too! Took your "what kind of yarn are you?" test!! O MY GOD!!! It was sooo good! It came out my Personal Prayer no less! The dishrag prayer as i am cotton dishrag yarn, comfortable at home. Make ya some chicken soup and sit and listen.
Your family is So Precious! And you homeschool! We share sooo much! No wonder you've been so precious to my heart since "meeting" you! Be well and happy and a hug to every one from me! Blessings, Kari Sioux

JenBin said...

Kari Sioux, you are so amazing! Thanks for your comments!