Friday, October 06, 2006

I wasn't *just* making quilts the past few weekends. I did this costume for two reasons. One, my sister is getting married. She is thinking of doing a "rennaisance" wedding, so I decided to go in costume. I have a knight costume for my husband, but I haven't started it yet. This gypsy one is WAY more complicated!

The second reason is that our daughter is going to a halloween party with her friends and (of course) I'll be there to chaperone. As long as I had the pattern and material, I might as well make the costume in time for that, too!

There is still a vest that I need to finish. I cut it out tonight and hope to sew it up tomorrow afternoon!

Now, what shoes does a gypsy wear???

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I'm so impressed with all your projects. Some time I need to take the time to learn how to do these things.

We have a Redwall feast to go to - ARGH I need to make costumes for all of us...I think I'll find some patterns and take it to someone to sew. LOL

JenBin said...

Thanks, De'Etta. I tried to do a vest today to go with the costume, but that didn't work so well! Won't be on the blog for awhile yet! ;)