Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I gained a new respect for "bikers" this week. I wiped out...twice.

I took - actually "tried to take" would be more accurate - a beginner's motorcycle class. This is the class that teaches you to turn on the bikes! For some reason, I can't get the throttle to do what I want it to. So I hit the pavement. Hurt my pride a lot, hurt my knee a little. Thank goodness I was using their bikes and not my husband's Harley!!!

By the way, I DO know that the wreck could have been a lot worse! I'm thankful that it's just some road rash!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sorry you had a spill. The class is great for getting past that. Hope things are going better.

I just sold my Honda Shadow, so I'm just on the back of the Harley. One of these days I will get brave and take that big bad boy out to the parking lot!

Keep at it!

JenBin said...

Thanks. I am hoping to get a dirt bike and try that first. I found a Harley I want, but I need to learn to ride first!