Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My kid sister has a unique sense of humor. At least I hope she's trying to be funny with my latest birthday present.

Actually, my sis is a very talented seamstress and she made this hat. Yep, it's sewn and lined and I think it's kinda like the sorting hat from harry Potter. Or Professor McGonnegal (which I probably spelled wrong, of course!)

What else did I get yesterday? CHOCOLATE! The kid went to the local candy store (where they actually make it!) and got me a box of truffles. And some chocolate covered oreos that said "Happy Birthday" on them.

I also got Chinese take out for dinner (no cooking!). I figured if I told hubby I really wanted egg drop soup for dinner, he'd have to make a run for it. Yeah, I'm sneaky! But he did dishes, too, so ya gotta love that!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful hat! It sounds like you had a great birthday!

Unknown said...

i didnt' MAKE the hat, i had it MADE

Unknown said...

i didnt' MAKE the hat, i had it MADE