Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's been a week now, and every day the kiddo is excited to go to school. Every day she tells me tales on the way home -- tells me of the adventure she had that day. She's told her friends that she loves school. A subject that she had always disliked is now one of her favorites.

I'm happy for her, but sad for myself. I wonder if she would have always loved that subject had I not home educated her for the past eight years. Or did I just instill a love of learning that she wouldn't have gotten in a traditional classroom? That was one of my biggest goals, you know... to teach her to love learning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, Congrats on the weight loss. It's been too long since I've seen you, I bet you feel great. I understand about letting our critters go. I want Sarah back home, but at this time, Public School is where she should be :( You take care.

Visionquester said...

Hey Jen,
WOW! Your baby grew up! Caleb loves school as well. Now if I hear about him screwing around at school, I just give him the "Do I have to homeschool you? threat." It's funny how it all works out in the end. Congratulations on your weight loss. I had a blog to track mine as well. Make sure you check out the before picture that starts in Sept. 06.
~Cindy
http://www.visionquester.blogspot.com

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Jen - I vote that you did an excellent job of instilling a love of learning. Glad to hear how well she is doing in high school.