And that's weird because I'm not a fan of talk radio. Or maybe I'm just not a fan of sports or political talk radio. Turns out I am a fan of true crime podcasts.
But, podcasts are what I play when I go to the gym (which is also not my favorite). They're what I do when I'm sitting at my computer checking emails and scrolling through Facebook. They're what I listen to when I'm driving or washing dishes.
So here are my "go to" podcasts (in no particular order).
- True Crime Garage: Nic and the Captain cover a crime and a beer. I appreciate the guys' insight. I also like the fact that they stick to the crime and there isn't as much off topic chatter as some other podcasts have.
- Cold Case Files: If this name sounds familiar, you are right. This is the A&E show, but as a podcast. It's a QUICK listen if you don't have a lot of time and want to get an entire episode in.
- And That's Why We Drink: This one combines two of my passions -- true crime and ghosts. Seriously. What could be better? Em and Christine start each episode with a ghost story, and end with a true crime one.
- Wine and Crime: Three friends who drink wine, chat true crime, and unleash their worst Minnesota accents. What more do you need?
- Casefile: I LOVE listening to Casefile. And it's not just because the anonymous host is from Australia -- but that accent sure helps! I also like that this isn't a US based podcast. It covers some cases I may not have heard of otherwise.
- The Murder Squad: What do you get when you combine the detective from the Golden State Killer case, the reporter from the bodies in the barrel, and a slew of armchair detectives? You get the Murder Squad. Paul Holes and Billy Jensen cover a case that either could have more victims or is still unsolved and ask listeners to be on the lookout.
There are more. Lots more. There's Spa Girls (self-publishing) and History Chicks and Craftlit and Writer's Detective Bureau and .... well, I could keep going.
But I'm always looking for something new.
What about you? What are you listening to? Drop your suggestions in the comments!